A trivia quiz on non-obvious birthplaces:
The real challenge is getting the answer without referring to the net.
Answer in Facebook’s comments page. I will post the correct answers after about 24 hours-say 2200 IST on 1 Sep.
- In which city was Shashi Tharoor born?
- Which recent US Presidential candidate was born in the Panama Canal Zone?
- Which prominent tennis player from the US was born in Germany in 1959?
- Which town in Austria was Adolf Hitler born in?
- Which country was the Australian cricketer and coach Dav Whatmore born in?
- Which state of the US was Barack Obama born in?
- Which prominent politician from Tamil Nadu was born in Kandy in Sri Lanka?
- In which city was Rajiv Gandhi born?
- Which Nobel-prize winning physicist was nominally a Tamilian but was born in Lahore?
- On which Greek island was Prince Philip, (the present Duke of Edinburgh) born?
- In which city was General Pervez Musharraf born?
- In which city was Field-Marshal Manekshaw born?
- London, UK
- John Mc Cain (Obama’s opponent in 2008)
- John McEnroe
- Brunau (or Brenner)
- Sri Lanka
- MG Ramachandran, CM for several years.
- Chandrashekhar (Nobel Physics winner in 1983)
References: these birthplaces can be checked from Wikipedia or other standard references in the articles on the concerned persons.