Hope you have seen Part 1: https://abn397.wordpress.com/2022/11/21/centuries-in-both-innings-of-a-test-part-1/
Going into more depth, we find there are 5 instances of players making their only two Test centuries in the same match :
- J Moroney (Aus), 118 and 101* v SA, Johannesburg, 1950
- Wajahatullah Wasti (Pak), 133 and 121* v SL, Lahore, 1999
- Yasir Hameed (Pak), 170 and 105 v BD. Karachi, 2003 (on debut)
- PG Fulton (NZ), 136 and 110 v Eng, Auckland, 2013
- SD Hope (WI), 147 and 118* v Eng, Leeds, 2017
Points to note:
Wasti was playing in his 2nd Test.
Hope was the first to make centuries in both innings of a first-class match at Leeds, the home ground of several prolific batsmen such as Herb Sutcliffe, Len Hutton and Geoff Boycott.
Yasir Hameed made his only two Test centuries on his debut.
Apart from those listed above, here are those who made their first two Test centuries in the same match :
- W Bardsley (Aus), 136 and 130 v Eng, Oval, 1909
- VS Hazare (Ind), 116 and 145 v Aus, Adelaide, 1948
- LG Rowe (WI), 214 and 100* v NZ, Kingston, 1972 (on debut)
- GP Howarth (NZ), 122 and 102 v Eng, Auckland, 1978
- LRD Mendis (SL), 105 and 105 v Ind, Chennai, 1982
- PJ Hughes (Aus), 115 and 160 v SA, Durban, 2009
- Imam-ul-Haq (Pak), 157 and 111* v Aus, Rawalpindi , 2022
LRD Mendis was the first to make identical scores above 100 in both innings.
LG Rowe is the only one to score a century and double century on debut.
Imam-ul-Haq moved from the first list to the second list after he made his 3rd century in Dec 2022-which was also at Rawalpindi