Our friend Dr Dheeraj Sanghi, currently Director of the Punjab Engineering College at Chandigarh, informed us of this plinthed loco in the campus.
Also this one from Google Maps, thanks to Mayur Nandu:
There is nothing about this location on the net. The only thing we know is that it is of class EE and has number 5.
From “Indian Locomotives Part 2 – Metre Gauge 1872-1940” by Hugh Hughes we find that it is a metre gauge 2-4-0 (with tender) which was supplied to the Jodhpur Bikaner Railway in 1891. It was manufactured by Dubs & Co, Glasgow. Some of the locos of this class were built by Neilson & Co, Glasgow in 1894.
This particular loco was among those transferred to the Bikaner State Railway in 1924 when it was separated from the Jodhpur Bikaner Railway. It was taken out of service before renumbering was done in 1957. Perhaps it served on the MG section of the Northern Railway.
The Bikaner State Railway extended up to Bathinda. Metre gauge continued beyond Bathinda to Kot Kapura and Fazilka initially on the BB & CI Rly. This section was transferred to the NR. Kot Kapura was the northern limit of metre gauge in the IR network.
Here is a picture from Hughes’s book showing a loco of this class:
And some further details: