This is from a map found on the net:
The blue colour indicates the IMR and the orange indicates the GIPR.
More basic history can be seen here:
The IMR was short-lived and existed only from 1885 to 1900 when it was absorbed by the GIPR. This particular map seems to be from the 1890s.
The station presently known as Bina was then known as Etawah or Itawa. Note the other old spellings such as Cawnpoor.
We can also see that the Agra-Mathura-Delhi line was not built yet. But one could go from Agra to Tundla and then to Delhi. Indeed, during the 1890s the GIP trains from Bombay to Delhi did follow this route.
And the BBCIR had not advanced much from Baroda towards Delhi. But it was also a regular practice for travelers from Bombay to Delhi to travel to Ahmedabad and then by MG to Delhi.
The GIPR and EIR met at Jabalpur (Jubbulpore in those days). By the 1920s the Allahabad-Jabalpur section was transferred to the GIPR.
Some jokes from those days:
GIP stood for “Great Improvement Possible”
BBCI stood for “Beastly, Bad and Cannot Improve”
However, the EIR escaped these nicknames.